Yesss we did have snow. And because we did I decided that I would write a little post on suggestions for snowy days, because we all get tired of sledging sometimes..;)
1. Pamper Yourself - On a cold winter's day it's always nice to have a pampering sesh, and these are my current faves. LUSH Mask of Magnaminty, LUSH Ocean Salt, S+G The Breakfast Scrub, Milk_shake Conditioning whipped cream
2. Treat yourself to some flowers - If you buy seasonally, flowers often don't cost very much, and are an instant way to perk somebody or a room up! Daffodils are great in late winter/early spring!
3. Bake something - it's always nice to make something with your own bare hands and you could bake something quick like cookies or cupcakes. These are my current favourite books for all things sweet; the aforementioned Gran's Kitchen, The River Cottage Family Cookbook, and Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery.
4. Play a board game - it may seem old-fashioned and fuddy duddy but board games are actually quite good fun, especially the oldies Monopoly and Cluedo.
5. Light candles - candles add a warm fragrant glow to the room and i am forever lighting them all over the place.
6. Write a letter - I think that letter writing is fast losing it's appeal, but to me writing a letter is a way to sit back and reflect on things and just spill all your thoughts onto some pretty paper before sealing it up and posting it away.
7. Make Hot Chocolate - see my previous post on how to make hot choc and why it's the best winter drink ever!
8. Read something - I am a bookworm, anyone who knows me will confirm that. However i don't just read books, magazines and blogs are often my reading supplies too. Company and The Simple Things are always great reads, and The Fools Girl by Celia Rees is my current bedside read.
I hope you enjoyed this post, would you like more of them for different days/weathers/seasons maybe? What are your favourite things to do when it snows?