Monday 25 March 2013

Took a trip - BFWSS13

Fashion weeks occur twice a year around the globe in the four major fashion capitals of the world (such an overused cliche/phrase, won't hurt to use it again); London, Paris, New York and Milan. They are followed by fashion observers all over the world with a hawk-like eye, high street stores looking to bring the trends into their own shops for much cheaper prices, fashion editors looking for the next hot thing (cough *Cara Delevigne* cough), and all round amazing bloggers like Susie Bubble and the like. 


These weeks are wonderful and essential to the fashion industry, but very inaccessible for small fashion bloggers like me who have just started out with little under twenty followers. So what more wonderful than smaller fashion shows featuring high street brands, who often give away free passes (I repeat, FREE) for bloggers and fashion students. The Mall at Cribb's Causeway in Bristol is just one company that offers these weeks, and I attended one this year, which after complications was not the blogger's show I was originally invited to, but a public one, was amazing, featuring clothes from John Lewis, River Island and Next. Admittedly, not high end fashion houses, but a lot more purse friendly for students like me.

I went to the show with my fellow friend and blogger Katy (from Palette), and we had such a lovely time, using the chance for a good ol' beauty trip afterwards, which we thought was well deserved. Unfortunately, because I went on the Sunday, no photo's were taken, but Ben Allen's flickr photostream has plenty of beautiful photographs taken from the friday's show, all the main outfits and my favourites are there! Of course there was a small bag of gifts, or more bluntly, goodie bags, and they were surprisingly lovely so i photographed their contents for you all. (There were food items, but these were unfortunately eaten, apologies from my stomach!)


Rather generous, don't you think? I was especially excited to see the Tea Pigs in there, the tea lover that I am.


 A Lush Times is always appreciated, especially with the incredible Vivienne Westwood as a cover star! // My show programme and event guide


A little OOTD : River Island Blouse and Vintage Necklace

   


After receiving a Boots voucher from a family friend for my birthday, I couldn't resist picking up these beauties which I have wanted for such a long time! Essie's Mint Candy Apple and Barry M's Peach Melba are sure to be my new favourite spring shades, though I have yet to try them on my nails yet! 

Have you ever been to a fashion show like Bristol's? Or have you been lucky enough to be a visitor to LFW? I hope you all had a lovely Monday, as lovely as Mondays can be anyhow!

love
annie 
xxx


This french sister-brother duo were a major 2012 mucic mojo for me, this song is one of my special favourites, and the video is one of my favourite music video's ever, so majestic, and Josephine makes it even more incredible by climbing the set in her incredible shoes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment